Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I'm peeing rainbows. Be proud.

Hold me, like the river Jordan.
I think people would generally describe me as a positive person - at least I hope so. I enjoy happiness and hugs. I can laugh at myself, and love to cheer people up. But the truth is, being positive (and loving Celine Dion) on the outside is very different from truly feeling positive on the inside.

These days, it has taken some serious focus to stay positive and feel gratitude (yesterday's blog post excluded). The first rule of being positive is that you should never dare say it's hard, or else you're just being negative about being positive. But you know what - it can be freakin hard sometimes. Sure, its easy when you are in Disney World with a margarita in one hand and a guide map to Fantasy Land in the other. PIECE. OF. CAKE. But staying positive all year around despite Spring snow storms, bad news, trending conspiracies and bad hair days can be tough, let alone dealing with more significant personal mountains. Take it from me, you have to dig real kinds of deep to uncoil from the the fetal position and stop crying out - WHY GOD?!? WHY?!?! I'M NOT MOVING UNTIL CHEESE AND WINE FALL FROM THE SKY IN SWEET REPRIEVE - when you're going through the hard stuff. 

If you've ever been separated from someone you love, or have felt great disappointment or lows of any capacity, you know it can be painful and the Doodle Bop or Disney Princess inside you feels far away - hibernating in a place you are desperate to tap into, but can't quite find. You feel helpless. You feel alone. You feel like you need a pep talk from Danny Tanner every hour just to get through the day (and perhaps a hug from Uncle Jessie... yeah, that wouldn't hurt either). But you still have to go on with your life and enjoy the meantime, even in the hard times. But HOW?!

I do not have the all-knowing answer or cure-all, but I do know starting small is always the first step to shifting to a more positive place. So let's start small together in a little list I'd like to call...

Dear Universe: I'm Being Freakin Positive. Okay?! Great.
  • It's snowing outside. Snow is magical for small children to frolic in. It's not rain. It's not a natural disaster. It's pretty to look at from inside sitting next to your space heater. I have a space heater. Summer. Is. Coming.  
  • It's not Saturday. At least it's not Monday which means we are one day closer to Saturday which should be warmer because Summer. Is. Coming.
  • I have 35 miles left in my gas tank. If I go no where else, I can get to and from work 35 times.
  • My boyfriend is deployed. I don't have to shave my legs for seven months. Well, unless I am going to the pool because Summer. Is. Coming. 
  • My butt cheeks are very sore making it difficult to function. Working the booty means having a smaller booty. Which is important because Summer. Is. Coming.
  • I haven't gone to the grocery store in three weeks. I'm discovering the wide array of recipes I can make using egg beaters, pasta, and cheese (because lets get real, I'm never out of cheese). I am now destine for cookbook success.
  • I'm never out of cheese and Summer. Is. Coming. Enough said. 
Sincerely,
Positive Polly

No comments:

Post a Comment