Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Carolina bound. Sanity in sight.

Winter. I am breaking up with you.
It has been one week since the epic and scarring snow storm ride home, and I am thankful to say that it is 63 degrees today in Nashville, my commute took a speedy 16 minutes and because I learned my lesson and have gotten into the habit of going to the bathroom before I leave work JUST in case, there was no bodily crisis. With that being said, I can forgive, but I will never forget, hence the box in my doorway just delivered by amazon of the emergency car kit that my mom ordered for me! She cracks me up. I was like "mom, the chances of that happening again are so slim to none - I don't live in Alaska," and then I re-read my blog, was reminded of the pain of that evening, and decided to support the purchase. Now Bella is fully loaded in the event the world decides to come to an end, or we get a little flurry. In this town, the reaction is just about the same.

But if you strike again, I am prepared.

Sitting outside today without a jacket and feeling the sun on my skin was the best part of my day. It just goes to show what a big difference a little time can make. One week ago it was a snowpocalypse and now the hopeful smell of Spring is in the air. As silly as it may seem, the weather is a little reminder to us all that no matter how bad things are in the moment (no matter how badly you want to jump ship from your vehicle and pee on the side of the road in the snow), it can always turn around. Yes, the sun WILL come out tomorrow (cue my favorite broadway red head) and thankfully it was out today, which was like a breath of fresh air.

Things have been spinning at a pretty balanced pace in my world, but I still find myself in a bit of a funk. I was going full speed ahead despite the self-diagnosed Seasonal Affective Disorder for a long time, but this past week I have put on the breaks and really slowed down - the work outs, the activity, (and subsequently the binge eating) which has left me feeling lethargic. I thought I would have more energy pulling back, but in fact I find myself slipping into couch potato mode more than usual, just wanting to stay home and do nothing - even be alone. This is rare for me. I crave experiencing things with other people and typically hate to be alone, so I am wondering what my deal is.

Let's recreate this picture. Note the sleeveless attire.
Luckily, rejuvenation is in sight. I am going home to NC this weekend to visit my mom for her birthday and I am so excited. I can't wait to spend time with my family - just the fantastic four of us. It has been a long time since we have had a weekend together at home, and the weather is supposed to be a sunny 74 degrees! AH! North Carolina. I love you. Time to go there in real life and not just in my mind (just a little shout out to JT). And in the mean time it is time to drink a red bull, take a prozac, and pump some energy back into my routine. So long as the sun stays out, I think I'm gonna make it.

Dear Winter. You absolutely SUCK the life out of me. Time to go away for good.

Dear Mom. I can't wait to hug your face off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment