I look outside and it is pouring down rain. Hallelujah - it's not snow. But still, I feel like a vampire missing the special ring that allows them to step into sunlight, and all the while I am lacking all of the benefits of actually being a vampire - super strength, incomprehensible beauty, no appetite for actual food. I do share some attributes however - ghostly pale with a slight look of constipation when frustrated - check. Ice cold all the time - yep. Not characterized as a happy camper - absolutely.
So given the fact that I am not in some CW Show alternate reality in which vampires exist, I decided to do some research, leading me to only one conclusion - thanks to PubMed Health.com. I must have SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder. That's sad right? :( (look at me - I made a little joke - maybe hope is not lost...)
The site says that symptoms usually build up gradually in the late autumn and winter months. Well, it's winter so - Check.
Okay but then it goes on to talk about a lot of other things I am not - deeply depressed, gaining weight rapidly (thank you spin class), loss of interest in work or other activities (never.... ;)- Afternoon slumps with decreased energy and concentration. I drink coffee like water. Check.
- Increased appetite and sleep. I want to eat all the time. Check.
- Unhappiness and irritability. HELLO? Did you see last Wed's post. Check.
So this post has determined that since I probably don't have SAD, and the odds of me turning into a vampire are pretty slim to none, than something else is going on.
Am I pregnant?
HAHAHAHA. Puhlease.
Hilarious. Well, not the being in the funk part. But I'm right there with ya. I am very funkified this week. Ugh. -Sondra
ReplyDelete