![]() |
| Carolina Beach - photo credit Alisa :) |
Weston and I arrived in Raleigh late Thursday night and his parents and my favorite little chihuahua Coco picked us up for the two hour drive to the beach house. We got there at about 2am, but I quickly woke from my coma as I walked through the front door. It is truly beautiful - so warm and inviting, just big enough to fit everyone, but still very cozy and charming. What a great location too - just a short walk from the sand and only a half mile walk to the boardwalk which is sprinkled with Carnival rides, seafood restaurants, dive bars, an awesome fishing pier and the best donut experience of my life.
![]() |
| An actual Britt's Donut - crack |
Go get a snack - we both know your mouth is watering.
Okay - now that you are munching, let's continue with a less salivating topic - the weather! Despite an iffy forecast, the sun was shining the entire trip - not one drop of rain, which is a miracle at the beach, especially when a tropical storm is on the brink. The temperature was truly perfect - not too hot, not too cold, and just the right amount of wind. Okay - the wind was in fact questionable for a few reasons:
![]() |
| David's thoughts: Hm, that's one mighty birthmark |
2. On the second day, the wind whipped up the sand like a dessert storm and laying out on the beach was kind of like being at war. I stayed out with my shin guard for a bit, but shortly after decided the sand attack was not worth the burn I was bound to get since the older I get the less I tan. And because the sun felt like a red hot on my shin.
3. We tried to put up a cabana on the first day for shade - which would have really helped prevent the "birthmark" situation. But the cabana was was pretty much on it's last leg to begin with and the wind did not help matters. By the end of the second day it slowly collapsed until we decided to abandon it completely and leave it on the beach as an ornament for all to envy.
But it didn't rain! So overall, hallelujah to that.
More tomorrow for Part 2 which will include stories of the parents meeting, as well as my first fishing experience on the pier! And I might talk about the donuts again, because they are just that remarkable.




No comments:
Post a Comment