Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dear Fish Stick: Time to see how it's done.

Definitely not a fish stick.
So as many of you know, or should know since it is practically a national holiday in my book, another compelling chapter of the Bachelor empire premieres this Monday, May 14th starring Bachelorette Emily Maynard. The anticipation is killing me. I have butterflies of happiness dancing inside my tummy just waiting to watch this season unfold. Trust me, just based on the commercials, it is already better than Fish Stick's season - not hard to be. And needless to say, the girl already has won over my heart for owning a brush and being a picturesque example of hair care maintenance.

This blog will of course, chronicle my thoughts on the season - maybe not every episode, but I will do my best to keep you all informed on my perceptions of Emily's most romantic journey leading to the most dramatic rose ceremony yet.

As apart of my "daily countdown to the premiere" ritual (which includes, but is not limited to - checking spoiler sites, fan blogs, and facebook for updates, followed by sniffing a rose a day, and wearing bachelorette party hats and sashes) I thought I would blog about the top five things I am most excited about for this season. Let's begin, in no particular order:

Little Ricki and the single mom.
1. We are going from Fish Stick to Barbie - and who wouldn't want to watch Barbie find love? Emily Maynard is beautiful, has teeth that look like white chick-let gum pieces, is sweet and a single mom - but more than all of that - she is from Charlotte, NC - which makes her that much more awesome. I am very excited to get to see her real personality and of course, her wardrobe, as the season unfolds.

2. The first few episodes take place in Emily's hometown, Charlotte and as an NC native (Yes, I pretend those 15 years in CT didn't truly raise me like my NC years did, which is why I am allowed to say y'all without judgement) I am really looking forward to the charming NC scenery and nostalgia.

3. I found Emily's daughter to be quite interesting and rebellious in Emily's season being on the Bachelor, so it will be fun to see how the child takes the camera action this time around.

Gotta love those baby blues and soothing voice.
4. I plan on taking a drink every time they make a love metaphor, say the word "amazing," "vulnerable," "you know" or talk about her being a single mom - good times.

5. And while I said no particular order, how could I not be most excited that Chris Harrison is now single ladies! He is not eye-candy per say, but how could you not love his empathetic approach to the real amazing love that is created in these 8 weeks of lala land?! How. Could. You. Not?! 

My hopeful prediction - Brad Womack comes back at some point with his therapist to find closure. PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN.
It is going to be a great ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment