Friday, August 6, 2010

Revenge of the wall socket.

My blackberry is a part of me. It has become an organ - the heart beat of my social life. This morning I came into work and it was charged. And then slowly the battery began to get lower and lower. How could this be? I charged it all night? I think the outlet next to my bed has permanently decided to screw me over. First my alarm doesn't go off for no explicable reason, and now my phone which was plugged in all night is practically dead. Dear wall socket - You suck. It is probably getting back at me for not using those weird light bulbs that look like honey combs and supposedly "save energy" or backing up my alarm clock with batteries. But now it is raging an attack on my phone - my connection to the world - and I do not appreciate it.

I need to get a car charger. I realize this. I have been avoiding it because the Verizon wireless that is close to my apartment employs this guy who, while I was waiting for my phone to update a few weeks ago, thought it would be a great way to kill time by showing me pictures of not just his children, but also his food pantry. I am not kidding. Perhaps the Kroger next store awakened his need to share his obsession for keeping his pantry fully stocked as if he was preparing for the world to come to an end. But regardless, I am not interested in seeing this guy or his stacks of color coded canned goods again. And more than that I am just lazy and much too busy to remember how important having a car charger is to avoiding these bouts of nakedness that I feel when my organ shuts down.

Luckily I am at a computer so that I can email everyone I know that my cell phone is currently not by my side in the event I do not respond and you begin to worry if I am not alive. This would be the only reasonable conclusion in this day and age, I realize. Yes, I am alive. I am just wearing a cell phone birthday suit until it finishes charging in Jesse's car. Thought you should know.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Just saw you sent me this link (on my fully charged BB hehe) and came on to read. Two things, those funny lightbulbs - CFLs and a car charger - got to WalMart / Target electronic section (cheaper there!).

    Miss you and look forward to catching up on the posts below!

    ReplyDelete