Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Daily affirmations



This little girl has the absolute right idea!

It is so funny how as children we are so uninhibited. I feel like as adults we would feel like idiots dancing around the bathroom in our PJ's and saying all of the things we love about ourselves or all of the things we are thankful for.

I was watching the queen of cheesy but true inspiration the other day - your sister from another mother and mine, Oprah - and she said that too often we get caught up in thinking that we are bragging or being self-centered by loving aspects about us, when in fact we should be overflowing with love for ourselves. Think of how much less pain there would be in the world if everyone did what this little girl did and loved themselves whole-heartedly, with the right sense of graciousness and gratitude.

So I am now going to take a cue from little Jessica and list the top ten things I love this morning:

1. I love that I have the willpower to get up early in the morning and work out.
2. I love my ability to write my thoughts down quickly and clearly.
3. I love my passion for love, romance, and positive messages and for sharing them with others.
4. I love that I am excited to see Charlie St. Cloud merely so that I can stare at Zac Efron.
5. I love my coworkers and how we laugh together.
6. I love my belief in fairy tales - inspired of course by the most magical ending to the bachelorette... in the history of the show.
7. I love my renewed sense of faith.
8. I love my relationship with my mom and sister and how I can make them laugh.
9. I love my hair - today it is looking pretty awesomly curly and I didn't even have to use a curling iron ;)
10. I love that I have a blog - my unique and personals place to share these things with you.


What are your top ten affirmations for the day? List them out. It feels really good.

1 comment:

  1. Love this !! I am going to try to do something like this everyday.

    ReplyDelete