The office got a new water cooler about two weeks ago, and we have all been drinking water constantly, like it is our job. I might even put on my resume "expert hydrator" because I think there is not a moment when I am not sipping on water. The funny thing is, it really tastes no different than the water from the fridge, but I think there is just something colder, crisper and more special about it coming from a cooler. I also think I just made up the word hydrator - go with it.
While I am sure you are thinking this is really healthy and great, in fact it causes a constant interruption to work because I end up having to pee every 15 minutes. Jesse is 36 weeks pregnant, and I swear I use the bathroom just as much as she does, which is kind of sad and pathetic.
And on top of that, every time I leave the office to walk the 20 feet to the bathroom, I catch on the lobby TV some new and different earth shattering news about 1000's of people dying in Pakistan or mother nature ripping another new one in another country overseas. Quite frankly it is just depressing. I know what you are thinking - look away Jenny - just bee-line it to the bathroom. But you can't miss this TV. It screams at you, and when I try to look away or ignore it, I just look like a freak to those waiting for the elevator.
So with that said, yes, I am hydrated, but I am quickly becoming depressed as a result. And my work is interrupted, which means I am losing focus. All while being laughed at by my coworkers for the frequency of my having to get up.
Time for a dry spell? Perhaps.
Maybe you are taking on Jesse's need to pee, like sympathy peeing. hahaha
ReplyDelete