So you all must think I died or something, when in fact it is the exact opposite. The past month I have really settled into my life here. And I absolutely love it.
My friends here are amazing and so true. My job is going really well and I am starting to feel more and more comfortable. I still have a million questions, of course. But it is only month two and I have to remind myself of that. And I think more than ever I have realized this past month how lucky I am to have a job and even more lucky to enjoy it. Of course there are some days that are slow, long, busy, or stressful, but overall at 5pm I get to walk away from it. No homework, no stress on the weekends. It is amazing. Whoever said that college was the best four years of their life never moved to music city and worked at my company. I have had more fun in the past two months here than I have had in a while, which just solidifies that I am where I am supposed to be.
Today Brooke and I went on a hike in Edwin Warner Park and we saw an owl, a deer and a small frog! It was so much fun to be away from it all - from our phones, from technology, from all noise - and just enjoy the nature and the company. It was a great way to wind down from a busy weekend, and in fact, a busy month. From birthdays, to dinners, to dates, to exploring the city, to listening to bands, I have had the most incredible four weeks and I just feel so fortunate that I do not have to move away in a couple of weeks. I get to stay. I LIVE HERE!
So I love how Jesse blogs - they aren't these huge essays, which can be daunting to sit down and write - and they include pictures and fun anecdotes, so I am going to keep this more up to date with little thoughts and rants, and less of a play by play of my life. I think that might be more interesting anyways, because let's be honest, you don't really care about my every minute schedule. Only the highlights, right? So that will be my new attempt to keeping this blog up to date. See you tomorrow? Gosh, I hope so. About time I kept this blog going...
No comments:
Post a Comment