Monday, November 21, 2011

This is me committing.

IT'S FAT PANTS TURKEY TIME!
There is a bathroom stall at work that I always use. I rarely ever deviate from this stall. For whatever reason, I find that particular toilet seat to be home - so be it. And in fact, my bond to this stall is so strong that even when the light bulb is out in that stall (as it has been for the past two weeks), I still go there and simply pee in the dark - which is kind of peaceful.

So it is absolutely frustrating to me that updating this blog has not become more of a habit - a peeing in the dark kind of commitment. But I am going to try as the holiday season approaches - my absolutely favorite time of year - to update more frequently and make this more of a habit since not having time is not an excuse. If I can justify a blind wipe, I think I can find the time for this. (too much? probably).

Things have been moving along really smoothly and as I enter this holiday season, I just feel so tremendously blessed and excited for what is to come to close out the year, and in 2012 (hopefully not the end of the world. Fingers crossed. Discovery channel, stop the documentaries). So much has changed this year for the better. I have learned a lot about myself and relationships. And the most amazing thing came into my life. It is wonderful and has truly changed the way I feel about myself. I start every day just feeling so happy inside. Yes friends, I got a new MATTRESS. And it is INCREDIBLE. I sleep like a baby. Oh and let's not forget... I happen to also have an incredible boyfriend too :) My family is healthy and happy, I have great friends and I am about to be 23 - which no, does not sound as young and charming as 22, but I am still the youngest one of most of my friends, so suck it.

Featured here: Jenny and Lynn.
I cannot wait for turkey day. I just love it. Everyone knows me as the ambassador of Christmas, and as much as I love the Christmas season, in regards to the day itself, I think I love Thanksgiving the best because it really just kicks everything off in a food coma parade kind of fashion. There is no depressing end - it is the shot gun to the holidays. And the fallout is family and hugs and recognizing all of the blessing we have. And as my sister would say, we start it off right - with fat pants and spoon microphone duets.

Don't you just wanna hug her?
Speaking of whom, I must give a shout to my amazingly beautiful sister who turns 25 tomorrow and makes it look SO GOOD. Everyone fears 25 but if I can be as successful and inspiring, compassionate and smart as she is at her age, or ever for that matter, then I will consider myself lucky. There are no words or blog posts to express how much this one means to me. She is just my most best friend on the planet (which isn't going to implode in 2012... so suck it). Luckily we will be able to duet together soon to express our love and undying devotion for one another. (As many know, our family is like real-life Glee minus the talent and choreography).

So that is the update folks. Life is good, mattress is great, boyfriend is as cute as ever, sister is amazing and I am so glad she was born. And, peeing in the dark is under-rated.

No comments:

Post a Comment