Thursday, November 14, 2013

I consider eating chicken nuggets a workout

Get in my belly.
Confession time. I have no idea what to write about today. But I have to write because what I have created with my recent daily postings is a little something I like to think of as DEMAND... I know each and every one of you readers (mom) are all checking back tirelessly (on occasion when I shamelessly promote my posts on Facebook) waiting for another nugget of my daily musings... (it's a snow globe of ego up in this head of mine). But the only nugget I've got floating around in my head today is a chicken nugget because it's 10:39 a.m. and so naturally, I'm already thinking about my next meal.

So... I guess in keeping with the theme of confessions, let's just get it all out there. Let's get real - you and me, right here, right now, in a little list I'd like to call:

Mystery is Overrated. Dancing Around Your Living Room is Not:
I am vying to be the official spokesperson. 
  • I check my horoscope daily but not until the end of the day because sometimes they are a little scary and I'd rather not know what is going to happen until I've already survived it
  • I consider watching fitness infomercials a workout
  • The only thing in my fridge right now is ketchup, four string cheeses, five pieces of fat free Kraft cheese and a stale bottle of white wine - Oh! And a rotting yellow squash from two weeks ago
  • I think veggies are gross - I buy produce to give myself the illusion of being healthy but I usually let it go bad and blame my "hectic lifestyle"
  • Most of my text conversations with my sister consist of selfies, screening outfits, getting mad at each other for not "liking" each others Instagrams, discussing food and / or alerting each other of Disney movies that are on TV
  • I am obsessed with using vaseline as chap-stick - no other chap-stick will do. And YES. That is the only thing I use it for, thank you very much...
  • I consider chewing gum after a meal a workout
  • I almost died yesterday crossing the street right outside of my office. 
    • Note to self: Stop, watch and count to three is NOT foolproof.
    • The lady honked really loud, and then screamed outside of her car "be careful, I almost hit you!" Thanks Lady for the 411, but I NOTICED. 
    • I considered this moment of pure panic a workout
  • The guys voice on the Shane Company engagement ring commercials makes me resent diamonds and the need for their promotion. 
  • And to cap off this confessional -  This is what I do for fun: 


That's all I've got for you today folks. You're welcome.

[Disclaimer: The picture above is what happens when you drink four long island iced teas and hand someone your camera while touching up after lunch].

No comments:

Post a Comment