![]() |
| The view at the Marina |
Sitting on the dock of the bay: The Old Hickory marina restaurant, Black Jack Cove, reopened on March 30th and it is one of my favorite spots in town. Weston and I love going there and being on the water, and their smoked wings are to die for - an off-the-beaten-path choice for a quiet evening in town.
Saying goodbye: My dear friend Sondra is one of those women who can find inspiration in something as insignificant as bird poop. She is such a funny, real, Godly and eloquent person whose friendship and faith has taught me a great deal since moving to Nashville. She is now off to live in Utah to be close to family, and while I am sad to see her go, she is bravely embarking on a new chapter and I am really proud of her courage and clarity in the decision to take a risk and just go.
Getting a grip: Recently Weston and I have been playing tennis and it has been a lot of fun. Come the end of the day we really are best buds and it is fun to find new things to do together. Neither one of us is particularly skilled, but we can hit it back and forth! I know - you're impressed.
![]() |
| Wine tasting at Arrington Vineyard |
Volunteering for the kids: I am FINALLY approved to be an official Vanderbilt Children's hospital playroom volunteer. This means I will be in the playroom with the little ones and bedside for those who are unable to leave their room. I am so looking forward to giving back in this bigger way. I start April 24th!
Eating my body weight in pizza: The restaurant experience is my remedy for all things. Happy, sad, bored, tired, going out to eat with friends and feeling the energy and vibe of that particular setting makes everything better. From Urban Flatts, to Whiskey Kitchen to Cabana, to Sambuca, the new warmth of the season has reignited my love of being out and about and of course, enjoying good food.
![]() |
Monica, Brooke and me at the Marina! |
![]() |
| Waiting for Sara at Belmont's arena |





No comments:
Post a Comment