Thursday, December 6, 2012

24

Amen.
It has been 24 hours since turning 24 (or as I like to think of it, the third anniversary of my 21st birthday) and so in honor of the occasion I thought I would take a moment to write down the 24 things I have learned thus far


1. My Facebook page on the day of my birth gives me a false sense that I am famous, which leaves me feeling surprised when there are no paparazzi outside my apartment upon my arrival home.

2. Watching the Victoria Secret fashion show after stuffing my face with cheese, chilli and chocolate eclair pudding cake does NOT make me feel famous and leaves me feeling like I should probably fast. For a while.

Oh to be young and in footy pajamas
3. Pajama parties are so much better when they include booze.

4. Pajama parties are even better when the booze is accompanied by footy pajamas like the ones circa baby Jenny 1993.

5. Walt Disney and I share a birthday which explains A LOT.

6. The famous Finnish ice hockey player, Olli Jokinen, and I share a birthday, which explains NOTHING.

7.  There is an office thief at BOHAN coveting my "delivered" birthday flowers.

8. OR 1-800-Flowers is like every other 1-800 company that makes me want to punch someone in the face.

9. If I want my musical gifts to be discovered I should take a hint from Taylor Swift and tattoo a "5" on my hand immediately.

10. My birth will never be as legendary as the impending birth of the unborn royal fetus.

11. I have decided my official three favorite birthday treats are a sweet card, a wheel of cheese and a flask.

12. Adding instagram filters to my birthday pictures increase their magicalness by 75%.

13. Adding a baby to my birthday lunch increases my happiness by 75%.

14.  Using my birthday as an excuse to eat anything in sight simply because I was born and so it must be "calorie free" does not mean my ass will agree the next day.

15. Me giving other people directions to my place is like the blind leading the blind.

16. You can get hurt in the kitchen, even while avoiding the stove.

17. Can openers should come with a warning label and / or be used instead as a weapon.

18. I need to buy a bottle opener so that I have a way other than a can opener to get to the contents inside said bottle.

19. It's okay to have chocolate eclair pudding cake for breakfast, unless you want to be a Victoria Secret model.

20. Having chocolate eclair pudding cake again for lunch is not okay if you want to survive the rest of the work day.

21. A birthday sounds much more accomplished when it is an anniversary of your 21st birthday.

22. It is possible to take two hour birthday lunches if you time them to your boss's client meetings.

23. It's a lot harder to come up with 24 things I've learned than I thought it would be.

Flowers in a martini glass & chocolate, love: mama :)
And finally....

24. If your flowers don't get delivered until the next day AND you keep planning things you can easily make it a week long event - continuing tonight for the Gimm + Icky Christmas Show and round two of the birthday feast.
*Therefore,  I am delaying the Victoria Secret Fast until next week.

Thank you to all of my wonderful friends and family for the best birthday - I feel like the luckiest girl to have such loving and thoughtful people in my life to make the day so special.

And following the epic celebration this evening, it will be back to Jesus's birth via Christmas parties, music, and of course wine - because we know both Jenny and Jesus approve of wine. And since we share the same birthday month AND initials I'm sure it will be just as amazing as mine! (and probably more.. since calories don't ever count for Jesus.... lucky).

No comments:

Post a Comment