![]() |
| This is us up there! (lies) |
As we pulled up to the MGM Grand on the strip - our last and most anticipated stop - we couldn't help but notice the eye-catching steel arch that stood stoically along the skyline just behind our hotel. Intrigued, my sister and I stared at it for a while, long enough to see miniature silhouettes slowly hoisted to the top, hanging by a thin cord, snuggled together by what looked like potato sacks. Moments later, the distant sound of shrill screams pierced through the dry air as they dropped, soaring to the ground below. They swung back and forth, their height decreasing with each swing, until finally they hung only feet from the ground. Mesmerized I looked over at my sister, her face pale knowing exactly what I was about to say - "Lynnie...we're doing it!"
![]() |
| Remove a chick and visualize preteen Cupero's |
I would like to think that I am still that same risk taker - someone who grabs life by the horns, shakes things ups and has enough faith and trust to enjoy the unknown. But I have come to find that the older I get, the more terrified I become. Falling is only one letter away from Failing - and I can sometimes be so afraid to fail that I avoid letting myself feel the freedom, clarity and excitement of taking a risk and enjoying the journey.
Learning to let go is never easy. It is something I struggle with every day. But I am slowly trying to rekindle the spirit of that 12-year-old girl who was brave and only needed her sister's hand to feel excited by risk. I am trying to allow myself to be open to the possibilities - to see challenges as opportunities and to remove the road blocks that I skillfully position in front of myself daily. I have been walking in fear recently. Fear of failing, losing, getting hurt, letting someone down, letting myself down. And I would really like to get to a place where I am as excited and passionate about the direction of my life as I was by that sky coaster - accepting that even if I pee my pants a little on the way down, at least I wasn't too afraid to free fall.
![]() |
| Stupid bitch. |
You're welcome for that visual.



No comments:
Post a Comment