| The family |
This is the first time that my sister and I have introduced boyfriends to the extended family at the same time, and it was a blast. Everyone got along so well, and I personally think for the rest of our lives my sister, Justin, Erik and me will be the four best friends that anyone could ever have in all the land.
![]() |
| This is how I feel about Fall in New England |
But I am starting to wonder if Fall in Boston would make it all worth it.

I grew up in CT until I was 15, but I had forgotten the undeniable magic of Fall in New England. I was probably too busy learning Britney Spears choreography in my bedroom with a boombox and a full length mirror to even notice how lucky I was to grow up in a Thomas Kinkade portrait. From the crisp air to the vibrant colors of the changing leaves, to the football teams that don't completely suck (not like I watch football, but if I did it would be awesome to care about teams that didn't completely suck....).
And as for Boston, the city itself with all its rich history, versatile architecture, stunning harbors and super cool sisters is the perfect combination of charm and beauty. If it didn't endure a never-ending snowpocalypse from November - May, I would definitely consider living there. ANYWAYS - I digress.
After an awesome day in Boston with my sister, Justin and my parents, we drove 2 1/2 hours to Quechee (sadly in the rain) belting out every song to XM's The Blend (which might end up delaying the whole put-a-ring-on-it scenario, but love is blind, right?). We arrived and spent a lovely two days with my Poppy and his wife Claire, my Aunt Linda and Uncles Hardy and Ronnie. We went apple picking, played corn hole, walked through the streets of Hanover and Dartmouth, checked out some antique stores (during which I drank a pumpkin-spice latte in the doorway choosing liquid heaven over old stuff I can't afford). And of course, we enjoyed a delicious variety of cheeses (among other foods I topped with a variety of delicious cheeses) every step of the way.
It was a delightful weekend and an exciting precursor to all the fun we will have this Thanksgiving, and all the many years to come. The morale of the story: New England in the Fall, family, XM's The Blend and cheese assortments rock. The end.

No comments:
Post a Comment