Sunday, January 3, 2010

Good night. It was. It is. It will be.

After a long drive today, I finally arrived in Nashville for my internship with Big Machine Records for Winter term. I had such an incredible New Years Eve with Monica and her sister and friends at the G105 party in North Raleigh. We all counted down and rang in the new year and it was the most perfect night.

And then I found myself on the road again. Traveling toward a new chapter - as short as it will be - and I have to admit, having such an amazing Christmas break makes it really hard for me to leave. I feel like I am always going somewhere, and while I am glad to be back in Nashville, the packing and unpacking and slipping in and out of routine, making new ones, and then leaving again, gets tired. It excites me to finally feel settled in one place at some point. But then again, knowing me, I don't ever really settle anywhere, with anything or for anyone. While my location will soon become set when I move here in May (aka - the move we don't speak about because Monica might disown me if my intentions to leave actually seem real) I think I will always be moving forward, challenging myself, trying new things. That is what makes life exciting right? I would get far too bored feeling "settled" for too long. But the packing and unpacking part - I could most certainly do without.

I am exhausted so I am going to go to sleep without lacing the entry with the detail I usually include, but with tomorrow being my first day with the internship, I want to make sure I am not falling asleep on the job :) Plus, it is much too cold to not be bundled up in a blanket right now - I blame Lynn who most likely wants us all to feel the sympathy pain of her freezing time in Chicago this past weekend. Haha. But lord knows my snow bunny sister is pretty even cold.

Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment