Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sweet surprises.

It has been a long "short week" following the 4th of July holiday weekend. W was out of town this past weekend so overall everything has had a little less sparkle with him gone. The weekend was great regardless - nice weather and it felt good to relax, sleep in, shop and have girl time. But I am very excited for him to come home tonight, which might have also added to just how much these past few days have dragged on.

The highlight of my week has hands down been a little delivery I got this afternoon after my lunch break. I sit right in the front of my office just behind that glass wall pictured to the left. With that being said, in addition to my role as an account manager, I also greet visitors, sign for UPS, FedEx, our coffee, our water and of course, watch my coworkers breeze in and out throughout the day. That front door clicks open, and like a tick, I immediately check to see if I need to greet, sign or go about my business.

[Side note: I look forward to the day when this is not apart of my duties, but until then, I will continue to have an unrequited friendship with the UPS guy who finds it necessary to shout "UPS!!" at the top of his lungs as he walks in the door and proceeds to ask me my last name every time I sign for a package. Dear UPS man. It has been one year and I see you practically every day. In my book, we are tight - best buds. Bonded by the packages passed between us. And to this day, you still do not know how to read, pronounce or remember my last name. Golden star for you. Golden. Freakin. Star.]

But today that door clicked and in walked a wonderfully sunny looking woman with a soft demeanor carrying the most beautiful bouquet of flowers I have ever received. She quietly asked, "Is there a Miss Jenny Cupero here?" and said my last name perfectly as though she was one of the clan. Glowing and blushing my coworkers surrounded my desk as I opened the card. They all inquired who had given me flowers and swooned upon finding out it was W. [They then proceeded to talk about how I should enjoy the adoration now because all of that stops after marriage when you see all the "nasty" men have to offer.] But all of the chatter was muted as I got lost in the smell and vibrant colors of the overwhelming arrangement on my desk and felt like the most special girl.

Such a sweet surprise from such a sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment