![]() |
| I live at you. Whoop. |
The new job has certainly been kicked into full swing as I continue to navigate through the challenges and excitement of working on a rapidly evolving national client. I am learning the ropes, the culture, the nuances of personalities, and yet, every day I wake up still unsure as to what the heck I am doing and what the work day will bring. I am trying to see this as exciting instead of intimidating, but like the temperature around this time of year, my feelings certainly fluctuate on that front.
Not only is the job a new path, but I also FINALLY moved into my new apartment after a very long and tiring journey. I now officially live just a half mile away from my office, in the heart of my favorite Nashville neighborhood. My dream of living on my own, in my favorite city, just steps away from the energy of it all, is unfolding before me, and it is so thrilling. I will admit, it is also very overwhelming trying to make my house a home when all I brought to it was a kick ass mattress and a box of mac and cheese. Some mornings I feel like a kid back at summer camp, waking up slightly unsure of where I am, only to remember I'm not quite home. It takes time, but it is certainly coming along, and I cannot wait to have a house-warming party once I have all of the finishing touches put on.
Things I have learned from living alone for the first time:
1. Customer service phone reps and I will never be true friends. I try, and try and try again to be sweet and patient, but after one too many 800 numbers, on-hold musical snacks, and redirects, I have decided this relationship is simply not repairable.
2. Cable is my non-culinary equivalent to cheese, and they have been withholding cable from me for far too long. As I am sure you can imagine, this has not been going over well and my season 1 - 10 of Friends is wearing out. Install on Friday - thank the sweet Lord.
3. Big girls in the big city still need their mama. Luckily mine is coming this weekend to help decorate and to teach me how to use kitchen applicances other than the microwave and ingredients other than cheese and crackers now that I have a big kitchen all to myself.
4. Which reminds me - you don't have to label your food in the refrigerator or worry that someone is going to swipe or throw away your grub "by accident". You also get to use THE WHOLE FRIDGE. So when things expire, you have full permission to throw the repugnant item away. This is great news.
5. I want to equip my home with a taser since I am a newly single gal who should not be trusted with a real gun, but does not think a bat will do the trick. I am looking into it.
Something I also realized not-apartment related, is that I am a fabulous painter when taken step by step through the process, and guzzling wine. This process is very symbolic of my life right now - I am just painting step one as we speak, but I know the end result will be a masterpiece.
So yes - a lot of changes. But they are all blessings that are challenging me to grow and take life by the balls and forge ahead. And you best believe, that is exactly what I intend to do.



No comments:
Post a Comment