Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Forward motion... and Mulan wins

Confession - I have failed you this Bachelor season. Tierra didn't have control of her eyebrows. I didn't have control of my schedule. And here we are, at the end of this epic Ken Doll season of The Bachelor with only half of the episodes documented on my blog.... I am disappointed in myself. What will I now read to my future children as bedtime stories...?

Needless to say, this season has gone a lot like the other 17 that I have watched religiously, and I am not sure I could have offered you any more humor than the twitter and blogs surely already covered following all of the roller derby, Tierra tumble, ice castle, record breaking, crazy eye, alcohol-infused fun. Personal thanks to the world wide web for covering my butt to the 20 some-odd readers who depend on my blog for updates and a chuckle :) And again, my sincerest apologies.

While Sean has been handing out roses, I have been handed a lot of exciting curve balls in both my work and personal life. It's been a great time to be completely open to change and has certainly strengthened my faith in the mantra "everything happens for a reason." My role at work has shifted which has introduced me to new opportunities to grow and learn from people I admire. I have started my own side business consulting for a wellness product that I am really passionate about! Check the product out here - cupero.zealforlife.com and feel free to email or call me if you are interested or have questions! I have given up sweets for lent and I am certainly praying through THAT challenge (but the zeal definitely helps)... AND last, but not least, I have finally put the finishing touches on my apartment and I just absolutely love it. I never want to leave. Ever. 

We are finally springing forward this weekend, and I can honestly say there is no better representation of how I have been feeling - ready to forge ahead. We all know about my toxic relationship with winter - similar to my feelings about the DMV, terrorism, and the idea of a world without cheese. So yes, I am thrilled we are finally heading into spring. I cannot wait for runs outside, cook-outs, sunlight, flip-flops, a non-translucent skin-tone, bright days and warm nights. So yes, we might be losing an hour of sleep on Sunday, but we are gaining my sanity - so get excited :).

And as for Sean's search for love - my guess is Mulan takes the cake (my affectionate reference to the goofy and charming Catherine....Oooo cake... I want some of that. Ugh.... 24 more days until it's ooey goey butter cake from Jackson's, and a brownie from Cantina Laredo. Likely back-to-back, every day, for a week.) I think Catherine is the one who stole all of Tierra's supposed sparkle because she just lights up a room and you can tell that they are really happy when they are together. And as for the other one... what's her name... bridezilla from the beginning... oh right, Lindsay (thanks google). How this immature, nasal-voiced chick got in the top two... shocking to me. Just shocking. Someone was thinking with their you-know-what on that one.... I just don't see wife material there. As for the letter - my guess - and I swear, no spoilers have been consulted - is that the letter is from Sean's mom, granting consent for him to propose, since it seemed when they originally talk about it, she is very against a proposal... we shall see! Can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment