Temperature in my apartment - 84 degrees. Temperature outside - 90 degrees.
Today I began my day and my first serious job as an account manager cool, calm and collected and I am finishing it sweating my butt off on my couch watching old re-runs of Greys Anatomy on Lifetime. While this day has an unfortunate end, it was still over all a solid day with the promise of some great days to come.
The job itself is right up my alley and I think I will do a good job. I like the people - they are all so kind and helpful - and I really love my desk area. I will be working with interesting clients with a lot of responsibility, and I think it is going to be a great fit for a first job.
The location is amazing surrounded by great restaurants and shops and right across the street from the YMCA, which is so convenient! The drive is only 15 minutes from home on really lovely and rural back roads that are just beautiful. But I will tell you, it took me 35 minutes to get 8 miles down the road after work to meet a new a new someone downtown. Seriously... rush hour, I hate you. Not only did I have my first day at work, but I had a first date too, so overall a productive day.
I am too hot to write anything else. Too hot to be clever, to rehash the beautiful wedding I went to this weekend (which was featured in Southern Brides Blog no less! Go Andrea!) which I know is much overdue and too hot to be sitting on this leather couch. I might go sit in my car with the air on.... UGH! How am I going to sleep?
No comments:
Post a Comment