Friday, April 15, 2011

Freaky Friday.

Not appropriate for the workplace?
It has absolutely been one of the those giggly, everything is funny, nothing feels focused, and time is moving as slowly as can be all day today. At one point, I even mouthed the F bomb. At my awesomely PC company, doing so is what defines an employee as having "a day." I was seriously considering going into the conference and throwing myself a dance party to shake the Friday fever I was feeling - I am just so antsy! Then I remembered that the conference room walls are all glass and thus my rendition of the Oops I Did It Again choreography would be visible by all. So I regrettably had to change my plans in the interest of professionalism (and due to the fact that I forgot to sport my red cat suit to work today - a must for any true reenactment).

Instead, during my lunch break I found a couple of fun things I would like to share with you all.

You all know by now that I am in love with the author Emily Giffin and thus even more excited for the premiere of her first novel adapted to film, Something Borrowed. I am not a huge reader, but I have read the novel more times than I can count and my sister and I are so excited that often while discussing it, we start wheezing because we forget to breathe. Typical sister behavior when on the topic of things we love -  Cheese. Disney World. Christmas time. Celine Dion. And now, this film.

So while browsing Emily's fan page as I do on a daily basis, she posted this new Yahoo movies feature on the film. Highlight of my day. When I go home for Mother's Day my sister, mom and I are all going to see this together - opening night. Most likely, we will then proceed to see it again on Saturday and Sunday. You will not want to miss this one (or the blog post rave review following the viewing).


I know it's a stretch...... keep squinting.
Other fun things I realized today: If you squint and use a little imagination, this picture from people.com of Anne Hathaway who will be playing Judy Garland in the biopic of her life, and me - super imposed next to it thanks to facebook and a screen shot - look a little bit (just ever so slightly) similar. Listen, I realize this find makes me delusional, self absorbed and as shallow as a kiddie pool, but that is what this day has come to.

Do you understand now the gravity of the situation?

1 comment: