Friday, April 29, 2011

A Real Life Fairy Tale

The Royal Wedding was absolutely something to see this Friday morning. Not only did the London sites bring me back to my days studying abroad there, but the absolute romanticism of this much anticipated event stirred the little girl inside of me wide awake with wonder. This morning I felt just like I did as a little girl waking up to fresh fallen snow on the ground. I was so excited to see what the gorgeous Kate Middleton would be wearing, to see the nuptials on replay and to channel the little London lady I once was. It was the perfect start to a great Friday, and makes me feel even more excited to have a little fairy tale of my own unfolding.

Let's first talk about the incredible dresses Kate wore (while on the topic - please explain to me why her name is Catherine but you spell Kate with a "K." Royals can get away with anything...) made by the Creative Director of Alexander McQueen - designer Sarah Burton. The first gown was absolutely breathtaking. I just love the lace sleeves and I love this picture of her and her sister Pippa, because it is so sweet and makes me think of my Lynnie. I cannot imagine how nervous she must of been walking into that church - the pressure of this day is a lot when you do not have an entire globe of people watching you. And yet, she was as poised and demure as ever.

With this picture to the right- let's please comment on how she has the smallest waist on the planet. There has got to be a corset going on under there. I am picturing the scene in Titanic with Rose and her mom sucking her in like crazy. Either that or she doesn't eat. There is absolutely no way she can breathe. But she is lovely as ever. And she is smiling so we know their is some kind of air supply going on -  impressive.

Overall it was such an epic and beautiful ceremony and while I must admit, I am glad for the hype to quiet and for us all to refocus back to important news and real life, it was fun to escape into this fairy tale bubble for a day.

Oh Kate. Even though I want to spell your name with a C,  I totally have a girl crush on you. William is a lucky man.

1 comment:

  1. Okay. It's time for a new post. :) I'm anxiously a'waiting it!

    ReplyDelete