Music city does not disappoint, especially in the summer. Jordan and I saw Idina Menzel perform with the Nashville Symphony which was amazing. And later that same week, Jordan hooked us up with tickets to the CMT Awards - full backstage passes for helping her organize talent for just the afternoon of the show. She's the best. My official job as a talent escort involved walking the celebs from the red carpet to the pre-party and then to their seats, and it was a blast. I saw some old friends from my internship days and we got to see some of the rehearsals as well as all of the red carpet action. It was such an incredible night. To be able to really enjoy it, and not be working it as I had in the two years past as a production assistant, was so much fun. Plus, backstage passes simply make you feel famous, and bad ass. I highly recommend it. Highly.
My parents were in town last weekend and we all stayed in the Gaylord Opry Resort, which is one of my favorite places (in the whole wide world). It felt like a mini vacation to stay in a room all weekend, have fancy dinners and spend a lovely weekend with my two favorite grown ups :) They met the boy - all went well, and I had no doubt it would.I also got my TN license 11 months after I legally should have. This is another awesome development that has relieved me of the daily panic attack of being pulled over. I was having dreams. Bad, scary dreams. But I hate the DMV with a burning passion, so I kept putting it off. Well, now, I can sleep. But I still hold my ground that the DMV is where fun goes to die. And it was the worst morning. Dear DMV - I will see you in 2018. Maybe by then they will figure out how to function more like a normal business and less like a dysfunctional terrorist organization.
Last night we went to 12th and Porter and saw my favorite duo, Elenowen, perform. They were featured on the show The Voice and they are absolutely amazing. You must check them out :)
This past week marked my official one year with The A Group and in reflection, it has been the best year of my life. I feel very blessed to have a solid job that balances everything else going on in my life. I feel synched at the moment, which is such a departure from how I typically feel in the summer. It is always a transitional, uprooted season for me - whether I was moving back home from college, interning, moving out here - there was always change. To slip and slide into summer this year like I used to in my backyard with my sister is so refreshing. No jarring change, no crazy life crisis. Just calm and fun and settled. And free.


No comments:
Post a Comment