Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Unwritten.

Who I thought I was on Saturday night.
I think I am funnier in the winter. Or winter is just so cold and horrible that I have more neutral material to rant about, thus creating a slightly more entertaining read. Here is my dillema. Funny things happen that I could tell you all about - such as an episode that happened this past Saturday night in which I had an identity crisis and thought I was a 250 pound sumo wrestler and might have gotten carried away with some spirited beverages....

But see... even that feels like I went too far. I have this complex that if I share the true gritty personal stuff with you all, that I will never be employed anywhere, ever again. I am not sure how reality stars make this work for them.... The internet is a scary place. Once you break the internet seal, there is no going back. Apple Z does not work on the world wide web. Somewhere, somehow this stuff is becoming permanent - etched in stone forever. For a lifetime. And so naturally, this limits what I can write to you about, and still hold my head up high ;)

The amazing dinner J and I had Sunday at Rumba. Yes for two.
Perhaps I need more material. I am not studying abroad. I am not a mom who drives a minivan and has crazy stories about diaper poop, PTA meetings and tantrums (amen). I am not in a niche trying to advise you on anything. I am not struggling through a cookbook or trying to see every country in the world in a year. I am just eating my face off and enjoying my summer with my friends. I need to go on a safari.

Instead, I sit on my couch and watch the Bachelorette and the food network. I go to Walmart with my boyfriend and buy odor repellant for his car (I am sure you can fill in the blank from the sumo wrestler identity crisis?) and we lament about how the mac and cheese at dinner was only standard and how if we had made it, it would have been awesome (One word: Velveeta). I go to my job from 9 - 5pm and then I go home and watch E! News over a box of wheat thins and hummus. Yes, there are a lot of moments of awesomeness that I share - but they don't happen everyday.

I am okay with this. I am going to simply write more frequently about the fact that I don't have anything to write about. Just know, dear reader, that the part of my life left unwritten is actually pretty entertaining. Just ask the witnesses of Saturday night. My best friends know. And they will hold onto my secrets as good friends should.

As for you in blogger world - you just don't know me like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment