Friday, August 10, 2012

Hug me.

Me.
I need a hug. I am not even sure why, I think sometimes people just need to be hugged at certain moments and right now, I am having one of those moments. But I'm new to this office, and I can't just go up to someone here and be like - hey, I'm having a moment, and I'd really like a hug. Because they'd be looking at me like I was bat sh*t cray. And I'm not down for getting the "touchy feely weird girl" reputation in my new digs. And I certainly don't want people thinking I am having some kind of fourth week breakdown, because that would probably not appear particularly professional.

Why do I need a hug, you ask? Well I had a psycho dream last night - the kind that makes you feel like someone might have slipped some acid into your lean cuisine. I woke up feeling really exhausted and emotional. And it was raining, but I went to the Ultimate Cardio class despite the rain and woofed my way through. And I'm here at work now, and well - I feel like I have been through a lot.

Maybe I should try giving myself a hug.
Just tried it. It was a nice arm and back stretch. Not really cutting it though.
You better not lose your voice betch.

Maybe I should think of happy things, in hopes of creating a mental hug.

Happy things.....

1. One week from today I am seeing my idol Celine Dion in LAS VEGAS. Holla.
2a. It's Friday, which is like foreplay for the weekend - sometimes even more exciting just anticipating the time off and knowing it is all ahead of you.
2b. It's BEER Friday at work, which means I might start happy hour a little early at the office.
3. The Chick-fi-A issue has simmered down and I don't have to feel like I am making some kind of political statement by craving waffle fries.
4.  It is only one hour until lunch time and I have three different kinds of cheese in my lunch box (wedge, string, slice). Cheese makes things really much better.
I'm creepy.
5. Babies. Babies are really happy. Even the ones that looks like little aliens. I just want to keep a baby in my pocket to hug on cue.
5b. I'm not having a baby. Always a good day when you wake up and you know you're not with child. (Let's not confuse pocket for womb).
6. It is Weston's birthday this week. I'm glad he was born. 
6b. Because that means I get to eat cake - as if I don't do that all the time working at an agency where it seems someone is born practically every day of the week and designers by day are master chefs at night whipping up homemade frosted fluffy desserts and then forcing me (by simply asking nicely) to eat a big honkin slice. Cake is happy.
Marry me.
7. I am going to happy hour tonight with my other boyfriend Louie, as in Bar Louie. Pretty obviously happy about that.
8. I pooped this morning.I googled to see if there is a statistical correlation. Then I felt weird for googling poop facts at work. Then I cleared my cache.
9. My workout for the day is over, which will probably just be cancelled out by all the cheese. Whatever, white girl problems. 
10. The book under my computer holding it up so I am not the hunchback all day is called "The Happiness Advantage." I mean, I haven't actually read it... maybe I should read an excerpt... eh, Veto.

Well that helped a little. Thanks internet. You're a true friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment