I am going to slide this into my work day while I still can because things have been picking up more each day as I get caught up to speed at my new gig. Therefore, all of those wonderful Jenny updates I promised with those intriguing headlines might be a bit delayed until I get my head above water. Forgive me. I know you are so utterly disappointed.
HOWEVER - my final Bachelorette update cannot be put off any longer, especially since water cooler topic has already shifted to the outrageous antics of Bachelor Pad - which yes, I will be watching, but not blogging about simply because, as previously discussed I want to focus a little more on my life, and I probably won't even have time to do that.
 |
| Titantic style tears - but at least I knew that ship was gonna sink. |
Last night was the final conclusion of one of my favorite seasons of the Bachelorette and as we know by now, Emily picked Jef with one "F" as her main squeeze for life - or until the tabloids rip them apart. I do believe they have something special. Even just seeing how radically different Jef is from puppet Brad is refreshing and promising. And I do think that Emily made the right choice. But did I anticipate the heartbreaking tear-jerking rape-the-tissue-box goodbye that we had to endure when Emily let Arie go - No friends. I did not. I knew whoever she dumped would be hurt - but to see how blindsided Arie was and to watch him make that damn love potion with that random villager, completely unaware that his hopes and dreams were about to be obliterated - it all just tore me up.
 |
| Were you once a man? |
Despite promises to have the most shocking ending to any season (even though this pretty much mimicked Bachelorette Ali's decision to let Chris go before the rose ceremony when she knew she was choosing Roberto) we all knew something was up just based on the way this episode was structured. They breezed right through "Meet the Maynards", which was certainly entertaining - from Mama Maynard's little red riding hood wardrobe, botoxed smile and strangely low tranny-voice, to Emily's protective older brother barely cracking a smile at all, it was an overall hoot. And let's not forget the epic goodbyes in which both men kissed Emily and walked off down an unending road into the abyss, in opposite directions - just TV magic.
 |
| The American Dream: Removing crusty cheese from a stuffed animal |
But then suddenly, it was the Jef and Emily show. After every commercial break, the date just kept on going. From the fact she introduced Jef to little Ricki to her extremely leading voice-overs during which she kept saying that Jef is the only one for her - she either was picking Jef or she was about to have a hell of a lot of explaining to do to Arie during After the Final Rose. Jef, Emily and little Ricki do make a sweet family - Jef appears good with children poolside. Ricki definitely is a bashful little nugget who has a hard time forming sentences (clearly neglecting her flashcards while feeding her monkey Cheetos) - but overall I think this could work.
Then it was Arie's "date" during which we wondered how love potion smells and balled our eyes out - we already talked about this trauma. No need to go back to that dark place.
In the end, Emily and Jef had a lovely village square engagement in which Jef recited hallmark cards, Emily swooned, Neil Lane got his ABC product placement, and boom - dreams came true.
I am truly sad this season is over as it was the crack that got me through the most painful work day of the week. Yes, we do now have Bachelor Pad, but it's just not the same. I am a romantic who craves over-produced reality tv show fantasy romance. I don't find nearly as much joy in watching the B-list drunk six packs and fake boobs back-stab each other poolside in an LA mansion when an engagement that has a 95% chance of not working out long term is not on the line.
It's been fun friends :) I will now enter my mourning period until Bachelor Sean's (fingers crossed) season unfolds.
No comments:
Post a Comment