Thursday, January 10, 2013

Reasons I don't tweet.

Twitter is a social media phenomenon some would call revolutionary because it gives people's random thoughts an outlet to be shared with the world. If those thoughts are interesting, noteworthy, or funny - I agree, this can be an entertaining and informative platform. But I pretty much can't recall the last time I even went on twitter, let alone posted anything... In fact, once I even accidentally said "pound" instead of "hashtag" in everyday conversation as an attempt to be cool and "with the times." Epic fail.

So I decided to check out my account to see what I have ever tweeted and I remembered, the spring before 2009, I actually tweeted quite a bit after I was asked to provide my handle (which I had to consult Jordan to confirm I was using this term correctly) on my CMT internship application. So, in looking back I found these little gems circa the college years....where all I did apparently was wish and complain the stupidest crap I have ever read, all while trying to "discretely" woo CMT with my apparent loyalty to the station...:

I need Jon and Kate + 8 to kiss and make up. I am sad. Thankfully to get me out of my funk all I have to do is think about how much I love CMT. 
AKA - I am a compassionate human who takes pity on parents with exorbitant amounts of children, and I love CMT... what?! Super related stuff here...
socks are soaked from walking through the soaked grass and had on 3 layers to open the gym at 5:45 am..what season are we in.... seriously?
with all the fog I feel like I am in Twilight, minus my hot vampire of course. 
AKA - I'm clever because I am blending a pop culture phenomenon with the weather all while letting you know - Hey, I'm not held back by a real boyfriend, therefore I'm very willing to relocate to Nashville. 

watching the tail end of one tree hill and wishing peyton and lucas would have a cute scene together :)
AKA - I have no love life and therefore live vicariously through CW soap operas. Oh! And - CW is sort of like CMT if you take away the "W" and add a "MT". Boom - Related.
 
waiting for the live oak meeting to start and wishing I was back on the beach with no worries....
missing the Greek marathon because I am sitting in class..... ugh.....
watching high school musical and missing the nostalgic days of high school when none of that stuff actually happened to me 
AKA - I am super musical just like you, CMT, and even though I was always in the ensemble, I can sing and dance with jazz hands. Talk about well-rounded. 
I want my hair to grow out.... I wish hair grew faster. 
AKA - No idea. None. I must have blacked out.

Who am I?!?! And why did I think any of that was worth broadcasting.....The only tweet I am proud of is this one:

Nashville.... it's really good to finally meet you.

I think what we can deduce from this is that I am a long-winded human who needs more than 140 characters to sound remotely intelligent and interesting.
And this my friends, is why I don't tweet. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Girl, I just saw this on FB and love it! Can we please go for coffee or wine soon at one of those trendy Nashville places I haven't tried yet so you can tell me all about this CMT internship??

    ReplyDelete