After a weekend of going out with the girls, laying in Centennial park and soaking up the 7 hours of sun we saw last Saturday, capped off by another great evening at church with my small group, I headed into another week - and an eventful week at that. No tsunamis or honey nut cheerio binge fests thankfully, but still eventful all the same.
The roller coaster started off on Monday night. After a busy day at work catching up, I sat down to watch the much anticipated "most dramatic rose ceremony ever" in which Bachelor Brad Womack - infamously known for not choosing anyone his first season on ABC's hit The Bachelor - chose Emily Maynard (Carolina girl, single mom, beauty queen) to be his bride to be. If only it were that simple. They seemed so in love, only to admit that during the airing of the show, they have had "volatile" fights, broken up, and do not know where they now stand (shocker seeing as they only knew each other in lala land where Champagne is nutritional and making out is like breathing). Despite all of this, the couple are trying to make it work and are both on the cover of People magazine this week. Now, don't get me wrong - I love reading up on my favorite reality stars - but the fact this cover, among two past covers of Charlie Sheen "winning" trumps coverage of the tragedy and nuclear war zone that is Japan baffles me. I am sure Emily and Brad's chemical romance will sell more mags than the actual chemical reaction affecting an entire country, but still embarrassing all the same.
Tuesday was a typical work day, and the start of the sun finally deciding to get its head out of the clouds and bring happiness back to the world. Weather is typically a small talk topic brought up as common ground to diffuse silence in a conversation, but in my world it has been my daily focus. Every moment of sunlight reminds me Spring is finally in bloom and I can kiss the miserably cold dark ages of winter good bye. Good. Feeling. That night I went to see Cheryl LuQuire perform at Tin Roof - she was absolutely incredible. I am telling you - she is going places. Amazing. Made me wish I had the voice to be a singer, but then again, grateful I am not good enough for the possibility because what a tough business that is to crack. Especially in the town where everybody sings, and only few make it.
Wednesday the day was absolutely beautiful but it is also when I realized my body was not happy with me. I have been going and going in an attempt to not be a grandma, when in fact, I really just needed a PJ night with DVR. Good decision and a good night to catch up on Glee and fall in love ever further with The Warblers.
Yesterday was even more beautiful then the last, so decked out in my green outfit I



Logan and I have been praying like crazy for the Burtons! We heard about everything at Ethos and I cried like a baby (even though I don't know them personally). I am sure that through all of this God will be glorified still. I love you! I love your blog, and I can't wait to see you next! :)
ReplyDelete