As I approach the year mark of living in Nashville, working at my job and living on my own, I am in awe that it has almost been an entire year since moving here. And yet, at the same time, so much has changed and developed since being on the brink of graduation to now. I feel like I am discovering on a daily basis what I want out of life and I struggle with the growing pains of navigating the unknown. But time keeps moving forward, as it always does, full speed ahead. Some days that movement moves me, and some days it makes me feel more stuck than ever before.In college, I was not one to switch my major a millions times - I was always very steadfast with what I wanted out of my life and career. And yet, things now seem more in question than ever because there is so much the courses in school and the ups and downs of adolescence don't teach you. I thought once I graduated college the intensive learning part was going to be behind me, and yet it was all just the beginning. You feel as though the marathon has been completed when you cross that stage, but take off the training wheels and you have a completely different ride ahead.
There are a lot of things we think we want that change. And change can leave you feeling confused and a little disappointed. Sometimes change is your choice, and sometimes it is not, but either way it is an adjustment and we are forced to adapt. Like breaking in a new piece of furniture trying to get comfortable, it takes time to find the sweet spot.
So here's to Spring. To new beginnings. To change. To flying solo instead of standing on the ground looking up at the sky. To holding nothing back and letting things happen. To being easier on myself. To not over thinking. To taking the pressure off the parts of my life that feel too compressed to function. To putting more energy into exercising my heart instead of my head. A lot of things have been suspended in the unknown and I have been simply waiting for certain answers and decisions to be made. Now I find myself back at square one, like the seed in the soil waiting for the season to change. And with the right conditions (and state of mind) the bloom is just around the corner.
Beautifully poetic, as usual. Grow little seedling, grow.
ReplyDelete