![]() |
| Just thought we could use a visual. |
Fish stick on the other hand, had a different experience as he took his greasy middle-part on a four day excursion across the country to visit the last four contestants homes and their families. From the overly-produced "surprises" for Ben, to the interesting dynamic of these women with their parents, it was an entertaining episode to say the least. And it restored my appreciation for the process of a real relationship - one that takes time, grows, and is not a game show.
Let's walk through each of the four hometowns and discuss the parents we met.
![]() |
| Think of something smart to say to hide my drunkenness |
As for her parents - they are just as sparkly as Edward Cullen in the sunshine. They have no hard-hitting questions - they ride their horses and use their whips and call it a day. People, your daughter is considering marrying this fish stick - and you wanna make smores instead of question this thing? Seems they want to float away on their unicorns "over the river and through the river..." (oh poor Lindzi...) on a marshmallow road of ignorance.
![]() |
| Sorry Casey, this is not quite up-to-par with skinny dipping. |
Her parents mean well but they are holding on so tight, it was even hard to breathe as a viewer. Her dad said - "it's hard to trust because you can't always be there when they are away." Um. Yep. That is the concept of growing up dad. She is 24, not 4, not even 14. Her mom said "we are a really really close family and we do everything together." Everything? Ugh. I know those ideal family units exist, but vomit. That does not sound fun to me, or Ben for that matter.
Fish stick doesn't have a lot of backbone so as you can imagine, he floundered under the pressure. Yes, her parents expectations are unrealistic given the nature of the show. Not living together right away, taking it slow, etc - all very good advice in the normal world. But we are in the Bachelor world. If you are going to let Casey make her own decision to go on a game show to find love, at least realize you have lost your control to the magic of reality TV delusion. Ask some tough questions for drama, but then succumb to the non-reality of it all. They are so afraid of her getting hurt - we all get hurt. It happens. She will survive, and I am sure she is stronger and less naive now for it. Hell, she may even be the next Bachelorette - good luck to those parents sanity through that one. I just hope they didn't do the big "told you so," as she was sent home. They definitely have one of Casey's sparkly baton's wedged far up their butts. Let your girl live.
![]() |
| Mid- shift.... Ben, waiting to see what face she will have next. |
I really do like Nicki, but can we stop talking about her divorce for five seconds? Dear Nicki: you got divorced - you didn't murder anyone. It is okay, and it does not have to define you. I am going to punch you in the face if I have to hear your divorce sob story one more time. It didn't work and that is awful and I am sorry. But in a sense, you should have learned from that experience and probably NOT gone on the Bachelor if you wanted to find the real thing.
She is so head over heels, and I just feel for her. I think she is one of the more normal girls left and I have a feeling this will not end well for her - but shape-shifter, while unique in her look, is far too good for Fish Stick, so I hope he let's her go. As for her parents - they were normal and the fact they could coexist following a divorce was really nice to see - and rare. I think Ben really does like Nicki, but not enough. This date didn't break her, but it didn't make her either. Bottom line, fish stick likes weirdos, not shape--shifters.
![]() |
| Descendent of the bat family. |
![]() |
| I now pronounce you - doomed. |
Meet the final rose: In the end, Casey was sent home, and while Lindzi and Nicki circled in to hug her as she broke down, Courtney smiled off to the side. Typical. How does Ben not see that right in front of him?! I see where this is going folks and like I said - this is going to be a GREAT after the final rose special. Just great.






No comments:
Post a Comment