Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Resist the snooze!

Must channel this baby
I snoozed for two hours this morning. I literally do not know why I EVER think this is going to make me a more restful, happy and productive individual. But in my dreamy state I become like a sleep addict, foraging for every excuse known to man to sleep just a little bit longer. This is what goes on in my head:

ALARM 5:45am: Oh... no no no. Not yet?! Really?! REALLLLYYYY?! WHY?!?! Oh wait... I buffered in the standard 15 minute snooze. Good thinking. So, let's begin. Just a little tiger snooze to lull me back to life. SNOOZE.

ALARM 6:00am: Excuse YOU alarm. I said SNOOZE.

ALARM 6:15am: If I snooze just one more time I can still fit in my workout. SNOOZE.

ALARM 6:30am: I don't need the full workout,  just some yoga stretching will be good. SNOOZE.

ALARM 6:45am: GET UP. If you don't get up you won't be able to even yoga stretch.... but then again, I'm feeling pretty limber... so, I wouldn't want to over-extend myself. SNOOZE.

ALARM 7:00am: If I get up now I have plenty of time to shower and look like a decent human at work.... but now I'm going to have to workout after work, so I will just shower then. Plus, I looked pretty decent the past two days so I'm due for a hot mess day. SNOOZE.

ALARM 7:15am: Well, now I don't have to workout or shower, so it's much too early to get up. What would I do with myself? SNOOZE.

ALARM 7:30am: Repeat the thoughts of 7:15am.

ALARM 7:45am: FINE. I'M UP. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?! Gosh.

Once lucid, I proceed to resent all of the justifications I made at 15 minute intervals creating the foggy, sleepy, bad-hair-day situation that is my current Wednesday. No, not even two cups of coffee can butt pinch this hot mess back to life. I'm just BLAH.

Moral of the story - SNOOZING IS NEVER THE ANSWER (until tomorrow morning at 5:45am). Say no to the snooze. Be like the baby - be excited you are waking up to a new day full of possibilities. Workout, stretch and hey - why not throw in a shower! It will probably make your day WAY more awesome. Take it from me - I'm sleepy and I probably smell. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment