Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

I absolutely love my weekends in Nashville. There are so many great things to do in this town, and even when doing something average like shopping or movies, the company I keep is the icing on the cake.

Being twenty-something's in the city with no one to answer to but ourselves is so much fun and the unexpected moments make for some great stories, highs and hilarious happenings. So, I have decided that on Mondays I am going to take a break to relive the fun and feature the highs and lows of that past weekend. 

This weekend was the perfect balance of relaxation, sleeping in, and enjoying my friends and my town. I went to a wedding, had a great day with Brooke, went out and danced my face off, but also made the time to get things done around the house. I had some awesome treats, but also made it to the gym, capped off with a great night at church and small group.

High - Seeing one of my oldest friends Jill marry her college sweetheart Logan. It was very surreal to see her get married after all of these years of friendship. They both went to Lipscumb University here in Nashville and they had a lovely ceremony at Union Station downtown.

Low: Realizing as she jetted off to her time share in the Caribbean for her honeymoon, that I was stuck in cold January weather. 

High: One of my best friends, Shane, and his boyfriend Josh came from NC to the wedding and they were my two dates - quite the lucky girl. We danced, did some damage on the buffet and had a night full of laughs.

Low: On our way into the ceremony there were about 10 valets in suits standing outside. As Shane, Josh and I walked in a solid hour early, I turned to ask one of the suited men walking in the door behind us if there was a bar around we could sit at. Except, I unintentionally ended up sounding like a complete alcoholic valley girl as I asked "Is there like a bar around here or something?!" The man chuckled and directed us around the corner. We got a celebratory "we're so old, our friend is getting married" drink, which was slightly rebellious at a Church of Christ, no alcohol wedding, and then sat for the ceremony. As we settled into our seats, Shane and I looked up to see the valet hotel attendant standing at the front of the room. At the end of the aisle. Except he is not a valet. He is the preacher about to perform the ceremony. Awesome. AND I realized I had met him and attending one of his church services the summer I lived with Jill. Double awesome.

Low: Paying nine dollars for parking outside the venue when I could have had it for free had I parked the lot over. There is a reason I have parking anxiety. I chronically have bad luck.

High: Not dropping my cell phone in the pedicure tub like I did last weekend. Yes, that was just a wonderful little nugget of relaxation as I laid back to enjoy the massage chair and PLOP, realized my unhealthy obsession with having my phone accessible at all times had finally caught up with me. A bag of rice to rest it in and a night of prayer later, the phone revived. But not dealing with that this weekend was sparkles and happiness.

Low: Not winning a round of Apples to Apples for the adjective "Brilliant" with the word "Brains." Seriously. What could be more brilliant than a brains. You can't be brilliant without a brain. Come on people.

High: Shopping, walking and dancing around Brooke's living room to Celine Dion while downing coffee and frozen bananas with peanut butter.  

High: Meeting new people at Broadway Brewhouse and dancing with the girls at Red Rooster.

High:  2am Taco Bell run with Brooke and trying the beefy crunch wrap burrito for the very first time - absolutely delicious. Mouth watering awesomeness.

Low: 2pm treadmill run and trying to remember why I thought late night fast food was a good idea.

High: An awesome Sunday at church running into old and new friends and coming home to watch the Golden Globes.

Low: Dealing with this stinkin cold and the upset at the Patriots loss to the Jets in the playoff game. Booooooooo!

Now it is back to the daily grind, fighting off this cold and hoping for a fast week. Until next weekend...

1 comment: