![]() |
| This is me when I do African dance at my desk. |
Now that I am a big girl in the real world with a real job, I sit at the same desk all day long. While the work and client interaction are some days considered "stimulating," my body is not a friend to said desk. It's like I am a bird in a cage - a toddler confined by a play pen - a prisoner to my work space.
Yes, I can get up to use the bathroom (which happens to occur every ten minutes these days as I attempt to stay hydrated to ward off winter disease), but that is simply not the same. For instance - I just interrupted my writing to use the restroom and on my way I was bombarded by alarming news echoing from the hallway television (cruise ships still SINK these days?! Did we learn NOTHING from Kate and Leo?), greeted by the smell of cigarette smoke pumping out from my usual stall and upon my departure, stared down by a weird old man loitering outside the elevator bay. This is not exactly the type of interaction I crave. And we won't even mention the bowl of M&M's mocking me and practically jumping into my mouth before I can execute any self control. Certainly, not my fault.
![]() |
| Namaste coworkers and clients. Namaste. |
I think these new initiatives should make me feel better - even if I have to go the mall every single day and answer to human resources for doing yoga in the work place, these are sacrifices I am willing to make. After all, my circulation and in turn, longevity is at stake.


No comments:
Post a Comment