As you all know by now, January and I are not exactly BFF. The whole "new beginnings" resolutions pressure, packed gym locker rooms, cold and disgusting weather, and simply the fact that it is the furthest calendar month from the countdown to Christmas makes it all around suck. And while January can be inspiring and unearth the start of new journeys, let's just be real honest - January is like that annoying family member you have to spend time with but would really rather punch in the face. January is like The Bachelor this season - mediocre at best, and dare I say, a fish stick.
So how can we make the best of an inevitably gloomy month? You must do the only thing that trumps eating your feelings...... You must dance it out. And this weekend, that is exactly what me and some of my favorite girlfriends did. After a very delicious light appetizer style pot-luck dinner at Lindsay's apartment in an envious Vanderbilt location, we all headed out to what could be considered a cultural sampler platter of nightlife. Yes - I am referring to Demonbreun St.
How I love Demonbreun St (and in my attempt to be educational, this is pronounced d ee m ah n b r ee uh n - not Demon-bruin - that just sounds satanic) You can have a taste of Ireland at Dan Mcguinness pub and jam out to the amazing Saturday night live band or stick to traditional top 40 in yours and my favorite meat market, Red Rooster. (Yes, this is the bar I met my boyfriend... and I am not at all ashamed). And down at the end you of course have Tin Roof - a classic Nashville must-see for any tourist brave enough to leave the gripping honky tonks of Broadway. And the best part - FREE PARKING. All I can say is, it's a freakin gem.
![]() |
| The proof... and the hat :) |
So if you want to kick January in the face like I do, go dance it out. And not on your Wii fit. At a club. With a DJ. And request Single Ladies (even if you're not).
Or better yet, organize a flash mob. Now THAT would really show January who's boss.

No comments:
Post a Comment