Wednesday, March 28, 2012

From awkward to viral to awesome.

For those of you who enjoyed my Things That Are Awkward at the Gym blog post, here is an update:

The man referenced in my post from two years ago has been discovered by others and video taped! I must put in here as a foreword that I actually admire this man and his ability to not let any remote kind of social pressure keep him from exercising the way he wants to. Truly, it is a calorie busting approach and it looks like he is having a BLAST. So this is not to mock him or make fun of him. Simply to give you all a visual to what I experience every morning from a row of cardio machines away (and maybe a good laugh).



and another video found by my coworker - 



I have to say this absolutely all made my day. Thank you man at the gym. You are officially no longer "awkward" just AWESOME. 

 If you don't want to search through the post to find the commentary on this man, this is in reference to the #2 thing that is awkward at the gym which reads -

 2. Jumping, head banging and fist pumping while on the stair climber - This was a WTF moment and while I do judge this man, I secretly want whatever is in his cheerios because this guy seems like the most euphoric, energetic, exerciser on the planet. So, I get to my machine, and I have seen this guy before very "into" his workout jams. But today, he was on the stair climber which is a tall set of actual revolving stairs - like a stage towering high above the other machines. And he was climbing up then, shaking his head violently to the music. Suddenly (what I can only imagine to be the musical climax of the Rocky song) he starts to prance up the stair climber, bouncing up and down and jumping all around as he was climbing - the coordination was actually impressive. The veins in his calves were literally popping out. Sweat FALLING from his entire body (gross). And then, just when I thought this was the most insane thing I have ever seen, his arm flies up into the air, literally fist pumping over and over again. ON THE STAIR CLIMBER PEOPLE!? REALLY?! A. We are at the YMCA, not at a concert of the Village People doing the YMCA. B. What is on your headphones? C. (Again, secretly) what are you on?! I kind of want some. Because despite the public humiliation, whatever it is burns A LOT of calories. (I will gladly reenact this for you upon request).

No comments:

Post a Comment