I'm really sorry for being a betch and saying I resented your birth yesterday. That wasn't very nice and I didn't mean it. The truth is, I was just having a bad day and overwhelmed by all the things piling up on my list - all the presents to buy, Christmas specials on my DVR to watch, and let's not forget, all the wine I intend to drink in your honor. I just started to feel time slipping away. Regardless, it was rude.
So I am going to spend some of that time today giving you some mad props. You're always there, but you really showed up in the past 24 hours following my self-absorbed rant about first-world problems. I am going to detail how in a little list I'd like to call:
What Would Jesus Do? Ignore My Crappy Attitude About Ass Fat & Be More Awesome.
1. You knew exactly what I needed to hear and you spoke it to me through the latest Kid President episode. My coworkers got all of their "Thank You" bear hugs today in lieu of a card. My boss might have been a little weirded out, but hey - 'tis the season.
![]() |
| Hands down, the most amazeballs show ever. |
3. My chin is no longer peeling - which is just another reminder that all things in life heal with time (and in my case, an inordinate amount of moisturizer).
4. When my car didn't start this morning in the 25 degree cold and I had a panic attack trying to figure out how to open up the hood, you kept my heart beating. Then you blessed me with a calm and patient dad, and the magnificent services of the one and only Triple A. [But listen, I was thinking, maybe you could plant a little seed in the minds of college professors everywhere that they should spend a little more time on life essentials like hood popping. Just a suggestion].
5. I just found out today that Aladdin the Broadway musical debuts in February. Talk about an answered prayer.
So the moral of the story is, I really am especially glad you were born. If I was there in that manger all of those years ago, I would have been guzzling wine, grabbing that drum out of the little drummer boy's hands and going to celebration TOWN with some Beyonce moves that would make even the Three Wise Men get their jiggy on. I just wanted to make sure that was clear.
Thanks for your time - I know you're super busy being awesome.
I will remember not to forget that ever again.


No comments:
Post a Comment