Wednesday, December 4, 2013

In the words of Destiny's Child: It's Just Emotions Taking Me Over

This is me.
I am feeling a little emotional today. I think it was sparked by the bipolar program of the Lipscomb Lighting at the Green which went from magical lights and amazing talent taking us all to church, to a seriously depressing poem about the heinous world we live in, ending with a solemn group-sing of Silent Night.

And then I had some crazy-ass dreams ranging from calorie-free cupcakes to genocide. 

So I am struggling with which end of the spectrum to share with you today. I'm between "oh sweet, beautiful, peaceful world that birthed me 24 years, 11 months and 29 days ago, - I am so blessed and grateful to lead the life I do" TO "World - you freakin suck ass and I want to sucker-punch you in the nut sack."

Since I am an indecisive person by nature, we are going to explore both in a little list I'd like to call:
Dear World: You're Awesome. But Be MORE Awesome. 

Don't mess with me.
KEY:
FBAG - Feeling Blessed And Grateful
SPYITNS - Sucker-Punching You In The Nut Sack 

FBAG: My metabolism knows what's up. By fasting post Thanksgiving, I no longer look as though I am four months pregnant and therefore, the panic attacks in the mirror have subsided.

SPYITNS: Sam Champion is leaving Good Morning America and I'm not okay about it. He was the smile that started my day, rain or shine. Why, Sam? Why?

FBAG: This kid.

SPYITNS: All means of transportation need to get their shit together. The tragic NY train accident and the awful car crash taking Paul Walker and his friend's life, and every other loss we have experienced in an attempt to get from point A to point B. I've had it. Why have we not invented teleportation yet? I'm confused. 

FBAG: Celine Dion Christmas Pandora Station.

SPYITNS: Mother nature needs to get her shit together too. You are constantly PMSING and it's PISSING ME OFF. Stop with the typhoons and the natural disasters. Chill out. Eat some cheese. 

FBAG: Kid President.

Prepare your nuts.
SPYITNS: To all the Grinches out there who maintain a hateful demeanor all year long - stop talking altogether, then go seek out help and a hug. Then turn on Celine's "The Power of Love" and learn what it means to have a caring, human heart. Then watch every episode of Kid President.
In short, take the massive chip on your shoulder and shove it up your ass.

FBAG: Cheese.

SPYITNS: Terrorism.

FBAG: For all of you.

[Disclaimer - this post supposes the "world" is a man with a nut sack. I'm not trying to imply that the world couldn't be a woman but I'm not really interested in sucker-punching lady parts. So deal with it.]

[And no. I'm not PMSING. But thanks for asking.]

No comments:

Post a Comment