Well, it wasn't just me entirely. You see, I was trapped in a snow globe of AWESOME and despite my best efforts to write, I was unable to find a safe wi-fi enabled location to contact you without being interrupted by a parade of more awesome. As I am sure you can imagine, it has been a rough ride for me as well - so much to say and yet no time or place to find the words! But we are back together again in 2014, and just in time for JUAN-UARY (aka the premiere of Juan Pablo's season of The Bachelor!)
But before we dig into all of the alcohol-induced desperation that is about to ensue with a twist of Dora the Explorer-inspired vocabulary in Bachelor world, let's talk a little more about how December 2013 was my betch.
Being home in NC for the holidays was relaxing, gluttonous and pretty much like unwrapping a new (piece of cheese) treasure every hour of the day. Add family, friends, games, secret Santa, wine, more cheese, Celine Dion (to clarify I mean her music - unfortunately Celine was busy this year and couldn't stop by), movies and gift-giving to the two catalog-worthy Christmas trees and a life-size elf hanging from the ceiling and what you get is a winter wonderland.
We followed up our celebrations of Christmas day with a private party in a cozy Italian restaurant to celebrate my Poppy's 80th birthday. I don't think the wait-staff anticipated the musical snack that would grace them between courses. Yes. My mom assembled the most epic playlist of all time. Celine Dion and Barbara Streisand were in the house and we certainly left our mark on that back room when Whitney Houston closed out the evening. Let's just say mine and sister's weddings will be the musical events of the century.
I came back home to Nashville just in time to ring in the New Year in music city with some of my favorite people in all the world - more games, wine and cheese dipped in cheese and topped with a sprinkle of, well... cheese. Let's just get real for a minute - I haven't crapped in weeks. Sorry? Not sorry. TMI? Deal with it.2013 was everything I hoped it would be. I discovered new friends, restaurants and passions in my favorite city. I traveled, spent time with my incredibly supportive family and deepened my relationships with the best friends a girl could ask for. I learned a lot of incredible lessons, settled into an awesome position at work, kissed a lot of frogs and may have even found a prince.
2014: Top that!
(No but really... please do. That would be super great).



No comments:
Post a Comment