Friday, November 8, 2013

A Mini-Beyonce Belly Laugh




Happy Friday everyone - we made it through another week. And I must say, you all absolutely made my week yesterday! Thank you for all of the positive feedback and shares of my CMA Awards Show post - the blog got 480 hits in one day, which definitely trumps the 14 hits I had to my Celine Dion review from the day before... Note to self - Celine Dion does not resonate with the masses. It's okay. I will still love her forever.

On this lovely, but quite brisk Friday morning, I wanted to start off your day with a hilarious video of this little munchkin performing in her preschool dance recital. Many of you might have already seen this but I think beyond the great laugh is a refreshing reminder of what it looks like to own your truth.

I am not sure when exactly the care-free, brave, spirited and honest expression of who we truly are starts to fade behind insecurity and conventionalism. It is as if we hit a point in our lives where our self acceptance takes a back seat to a critical self awareness that seeks comfort in following the crowd. But this little girl couldn't give a flying fruitcake what the steps in the dance are, what her teacher, the little ballerinas around her or the music is calling for her to do. She is simply owning her "imperfection," having a blast and stealing the show.

What if we all had the courage to perform a Mini-Beyonce dance in our own lives? What would it look like to really let go and just embrace who you are? Whatever it is, take a small step toward that moment. Be you, shake things up and dance to the beat of your own drummer. Because the truth of the matter is, if we ever want to find that kind of freedom in our own lives, we have to recapture it ourselves. The way I see it, I could get it by a truck tomorrow, and if I'm going down, I'm going down dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment