Thursday, November 21, 2013

Dear Old Boss (who I no longer work for directly),

VETO. I better never see these again.
What exactly is happening? No, I don't mean "what's up?" I mean, literally WHAT IS GOING ON? As a coworker who no longer reports to you, as a friend, and as a "younger sister" figure, I've decided I am allowed to comment on the recent shift that has been going on with your look.

Let's journey back to this past summer. You were frequently sporting Old Navy T-shirts, cargo pants and neon sneakers to work. I was sometimes a little embarrassed for you (and your wife) but as your subordinate, I pretended I didn't have style or eye balls.

And then the leaves started to change and you debuted what you coin as your "fall collection."

With this shift, I have deduced that you're Steve Carell in the movie Crazy. Stupid. Love. In case you've been living in a hole or you were too busy scoping out the latest cargo pant color at Sears and haven't seen that movie, I've used images to depict this comparison.

THIS IS YOU BEFORE – No. You are not the suave guy with the suit and shades, just to be clear. You are the dude in the back with the over-sized yellow shirt on. Yes. That guy.

I think what we can conclude here is that your "summer collection" needs some work. Even Steve Carell pre-make-over wasn't wearing cargo pants.

BUT THEN SOMETHING HAPPENED.

The seasons changed....

The style Gods smiled down on you...

And the fall collection made its debut…


THIS IS YOU NOW.  Again to be clear, we're referencing the guy on the right. Yes. The right. No, not like Beyonce's "to the left." THE RIGHT. But still - this is a major improvement.

An unexpected improvement, but an improvement none-the-less.

Kind of like this. Just kind of.
AND you've recently been rocking a nicely combed side part instead of the kind of bowl-cut-situation that was happening before.
I can't be sure, but I think you're even using hair product. Yes. That picture of JT is kind of like your hair, but let's be clear. Your hair is a little more thin and salty… It's okay. It makes you look "wise."

So here's what I'm really trying to get at. Does this mean you met Ryan Gosling and he is the one responsible for the intervention I've had the pleasure of witnessing completely platonically in a "little sister" way from afar?

If so, I expect a set-up immediately. No. Not tomorrow. Right now.  It is your duty as an "older brother" figure.

That is all. This took about ten minutes of my billable time, but I don't work for you directly anymore so you can't be mad.

Sincerely,
Someone who is now okay to be seen with you in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment