I have finally given the blog a little sprucing up - not only to the theme, but I added some delightful widgets that make it easier to follow my updates (since my Facebook wall is embarrassingly becoming one big blog promotion... and might continue to be until I'm famous and a contender to be on Dancing With The Stars). As I always say, it is fun getting to know you. So follow, share, like, but most importantly, LAUGH. (Yes, even if it is at me - that's pretty much the whole point).I thought with these updates, I would take some time to explain the origin of the blog title. Music City Lost and Found was inspired by the fact your twenties are a wild ride composed of moments you've never felt more alone and confused - lost - and moments you've never felt more wonderful and alive - found (I feel like I just quoted a Third Eye Blind song). And this can tirelessly and excitingly change on a daily basis depending on family, friends, the weather, your inventory of booze, the number on the scale, the condition of your heart, the status of your career and all the other things that make up the pulse of your life.
![]() |
| This is you and me. I will be the penguin if you want. |
There have been a lot of stops and starts, busy periods, promises, silent chapters, transitions, and reflections here. I have a record of some of the greatest nights, some of the longest nights, and chronicles of falling in love for the first time, all set in this perfect city that I fall in love with more and more every day. (And of course, let's not discount my expert commentary on The Bachelor.)
So that is the essence of what this place is all about. A place where it is okay to be lost, found and every state in between because I know I'm not alone in putting on my Monday jeans, or needing a hug. I know that you get it, or got it when you were in this stage.
In turn, the hope is this blog resonates with you, makes you laugh and serves as an escape from your own lost and found. Because come the end of the day, we are all a little of both. Luckily we have cheese, God, Celine Dion and each other, and I think with that, we're all a little more found than we thought.
![]() |
| I can be super emo sometimes. It's fine. Nbd. |
[I stumbled across a Debbie downer draft I wrote in 2010 during a lot of transition that thank goodness I didn't post. It was the most self-loathing-90's-emo-Alanis Morrisette-inspired writing I've ever read. It was the true definition of lost and now, three years later, laughable. An excerpt: I know that there is beauty in my world but it is distorted by the constant lurking of things unfinished and the longing to want to finish them. Oh. Sweet. Jesus. Get that girl a cube of cheese and a glass of wine!]
[Yes. I was listening to Christmas music while writing this post. IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME - WOOOO!]
[I was also drinking spiked hot cocoa alone on a Saturday at 3:00pm].
[This is also a place of no judgement].


No comments:
Post a Comment