Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Have Yourself A Boy Band Christmas

This will be YOU when you listen to these albums. Get excited.
The 90's were epic for so many reasons - beanie babies, scrunchies, Lisa Frank trapper keepers, lip smackers, Nickelodeon, power rangers, pogs, my first awkward half-cheek-half-mouth kiss. The list goes on an on. But the 90's also gave us something that makes every Christmas season that much more magical. That, my friends, was the outpouring of boy band Christmas albums that never die and will continue to warm our hearts each season for decades to come.

Since I am officially in Christmas music mode, I feel it my duty to present to you the top three best boy band Christmas albums ever made in a little list I'd like to call:





What Would Jesus Do? Frost His Tips and Listen to These Records Stat:

Get me in this psychedelic snow globe with these sexy beasts
Snowed In by Hanson: These three precious little wise men nail the Christmas season with perfectly pitched harmonies and a sound that transcends time, space, and gender (aka, you're not entirely sure they are all men 100% of the time).
Fan Favorite: At Christmas - which is an acoustic Hanson original led by the black sheep of the group, Isaac (who is in fact the only member to consistently sound like a man) - is brilliant seasonal songwriting.
Side note: There is a secret message after about 48 seconds of white noise on the very last track, White Christmas, that when discovered, makes you feel as though you were on a long journey and finally found the sleeping baby Jesus.
Unrelated side note:  I feel like Hunter Hayes is a long lost Hanson. Someone should look into that.

What would Christmas be without hair product?



This Christmas by 98 Degrees
This album is solely responsible for warming up those cold lonely nights growing up in Connecticut (the aftermath of half-mouth-kiss-boy was some tough times). You simply cannot deny that 98 Degrees is hot and uber talented and luckily for us their dynamic catalog didn't stop at Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche). They add the perfect dash of boy band flamboyancy to Christmas classics, in turn melting your heart all season long.
Fan Favorite: This Gift because when I hear it, I start to believe all over again that Nick and Jessica will one day reunite - which would be the REAL Christmas miracle.





God must have spent a little more time on you guys too.
Home for Christmas by 'N Sync: I don't have to say much to merit the awesomeness of this gem. People - the album cover speaks for itself. But I will anyways because I'm just overflowing with appreciation.
Dear 'N Sync: You have changed my Christmas season forever, and I will never let a year go by without praising you.
Fan Favorite: As if I could choose. Instead here is the entire track listing. Memorize it. 
1    Home for Christmas - This is a musical hug
2    Under My Tree - This is a little sexual and I like it
3    I Never Knew the Meaning of Christmas - Neither did I until I heard this record
4    Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays  - Warning: This song will compulse you to jump around the room with glee
5    The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) - You can come roast on my fire anytime (this offer is only valid for JT)
6    I Guess It's Christmas Time - Or if you've reached my level, it might be the 4th of July
7    All I Want Is You (This Christmas) - And every Christmas until the end of time
8    The First Noel - This is like a warm sugar cookie fresh out of the Christmas Eve oven
9    In Love on Christmas - With this song (with an actual human, not likely this year... it's fine).
10    It's Christmas - Perhaps... or maybe Mother's Day.
11    O Holy Night (a cappella)  - A-CA-PLEASE JUST STOP IT RIGHT NOW. I just can't...
12    Love's in Our Hearts on Christmas Day - Just skip to the bridge and prepare your panties
13    The Only Gift - That you need this year is this album
14    Kiss Me at Midnight - They even cover off on New Years Eve. That is commitment. 

It may be obvious where my true allegiance lies, but these artists are all master craftsmans of the Christmas season. So you must make sure to have all three on your playlists, on your heart, and perhaps on your Christmas tree as ornaments that you can stare at.

LET THE CHRISTMAS SEASON BEGIN!


[The Celine Dion Christmas Album - These Are The Special Times - merits its entire own post - don't worry you guys, it's coming soon].

No comments:

Post a Comment