Monday, November 11, 2013

The Aftermath

This is me. The ball is Monday morning.
Sundays are my reset days - clean the apartment, go to the grocery store, workout, eat really healthy and go to bed early. Taking time to reboot makes waking up on Monday morning a calming, peaceful experience. But yesterday, Sunday Funday took me by surprise and threw all of those good intentions out the window. And now, my Monday morning looks a little more like "Dear God, who am I and what have I done?"

Let's discuss my Sunday Funday "good ideas" and the Monday FML after thoughts in a little list I would like to call Titles Are For Functioning Humans - Just Read Below.

SF: Ooo it's Sunday afternoon, and I don't have plans. Why not stop by the bar for just a few drinks with friends to watch the game? Football is a great American pastime and happy hour is two-for-one so I am also being fiscally responsible.
MFML: Now I'm just somebody that I used to know. A bar hop around town marked by multiple vodka sodas, two chocolate-covered-cherry shooters, half a bushwhacker and a glass of red wine has morphed me into a shell of a human.

Hmm... I will have... one of everything.
SF: I skipped breakfast, exercised, and got the dressing on the side to my lunch salad, so I am totally worthy of a dinner feast. Yes mister waiter - I sure will have a wedge salad, half a rib-eye steak, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, an ice-cream-topped cookie dessert. Ya know what? Let's just go for it by capping that off with a cookie dough blast from Maggie Moos, J Alexanders mac and cheese and some roasted bar nuts.
MFML: My body is not a wonderland. Just the idea of putting clothes on makes me want to shrivel up in the fetal position and cry.

SF: It is 7:00pm after a day of great choices and I am exhausted. Hey, let's keep the good decision-making going by hitting the sack now without drinking water. That way I will totally be fine to get up at 5:45am for hot yoga.
MFML: I slept like a teething toddler and the concept of getting out of bed is as painful as the Titan's loss from yesterday.

So just a few words of wisdom from yours truly: When it comes to Sunday Funday, just keep in mind, you have to actually wake up the next day and be a funcitoning member of society. You also have to fit into your pants.

Happy Monday everybody. (I'm going to go throw up now). 

No comments:

Post a Comment