Knowing that, I was pretty satisfied with staying in last night. Until I was faced with a decision. Jordan invited me to The Music City Tippler's Roaring 20's party - correction - Soirée (oolala!). You may not be able to see the fine print in the invite, but yes my friends - the Music City Burlesque dancers would be in attendance. Decisions. Decisions.
So, I could go home, have a nice long workout, eat celery and watch Casper The Friendly Ghost OR I could get all dolled up, brave the storm and be the life of the party. If I did the former, my body would be restored to it's natural metabolic state following the food coma of the BOHAN Chili Cook Off (in which I consumed six different kinds of chilli and a 16-inch diameter plate of dessert). My skin would be glowing from a full nights sleep and I would be ready to take this Friday by storm having not attempted to weather the one from the night before. If I did the former, I would be making the optimal choice for my health and overall well-being.
![]() |
| Fancy friends. |
My journey back in time began as I was putting the finishing touches on my fabulous flapper best (aka whatever I could find in my closest) when suddenly the power went out in my building. I found myself standing in the bathroom in pitch black, alone on Halloween. I walked out to the living room to see that the trees were violently bending, and the buildings across the street were all blacked out. Considering my balcony overlooks the majestic view of the Nashville Electric System, this was of concern. So naturally I decided to leave my apartment and walk the hall without a flashlight or my phone, in search of a buddy. The fire doors had slammed shut closing off the length of the hallway so I couldn't get down to Emily's place to see if she was home. Realizing this, I circled around the hallway in a panic, like a lost toddler in the grocery store when to my delight, a girl emerged from her door, similarly scared. We made friends and about five minutes later the lights came back on. After exchanging stories with my new neighbor I threw on my heels, and was finally on my way.
![]() |
| I think we should do this every weekend. |
The Tippler was the ultimate venue for a genre party such as this - inspired by the original location in Manhattan, the space is composed of original architectural elements – a 100 year old mahogany bar, a 300 year old Italian painting, old railroad ties, walls covered in wood from salvaged water towers, and a stage built of a 120 year old barn (thank you website for the deets).
![]() |
| These two ended up living on my hall! |
![]() |
| Boom. |
Happy Friday friends! Go rent The Great Gatsby and be jealous you missed the real thing last night here in music city :)





No comments:
Post a Comment