Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Struggle City

This is me.
So apparently it is winter time. Flurries in the forecast. Gray skies. Freezing temperatures. Drivers having panic attacks on the road. Seasonal Affective Disorder slowly sweeping into our hearts and souls. Good times friends, good times for all. In order to re-frame my aggression toward this shift I am listening to Christmas music and classifying my over-sized sweater as "cozy" instead of "completely unprofessional." It's all about attitude, you guys.

In addition to the changing temperature, below are a few other things I've been struggling with in a little list I would like to call
99 Problems But A Nest Ain't One:

This is not me. This is a betch.
1. The Sock Bun - Ladies, I'm in awe of these delightful confections that sit atop your head. It is like you have found the spanx for your hair. No one has to know you woke up 15 minutes ago and haven't shampooed in days. I, on the other hand, end up looking like I have a birds nest on top of my head. What am I doing wrong?!

2. Buffet Compulsion - Tis the season for potlucks, parties, and in turn, my battle with the buffet. Something about a swarm of people lining up to eat the same inventory of food revs my metabolism, awakens my obese inner-child and summons my maternal instinct to hunt and gather. What results is a plate of 7,000 calories that I proceed to hoard like I'll never be fed again.

Me again.
3. The Snooze - This morning I snoozed for 90 minutes. I convince myself that skipping my workout is in fact a healthy decision and if I allow myself just one more snooze cycle I will rise with the energy of a thousand pink bunnies, the under-eyes of a goddess and the mental brilliance of a Nobel Peace Prize winner - Yes, Jenny, the snooze will equip you to save the world.

Instead, I wake up groggy, having not worked off any of the buffet, with no time to get ready for work so I arrive adorning a birds nest.

Life can be rough you guys. Get a snuggy and a live-in hair stylist. And just know, you're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment